Travelers take notice –I have written quite a bit about #Bookdirect because I am passionate about it! I love a good deal and I love sharing with other travelers how to get a good deal! Booking Direct is a good deal all the way around.
What is #BookDirect?Book Direct is simply cutting out the middlemen fees when booking accommodations for your business trip or vacation. No Vrbo/Homeaway, Airbnb, Booking.com, etc. Just book direct with the owner or manager. Simple.
- You, the guest, save money when you Book Direct
- The Hospitality Owner saves money
- You get better, local (not overseas) customer service
- The Owner gets better information
- You get personalized ideas and help with your vacation, plus support local businesses.
- The Owners get to share their pride in their community with visitors
Help me find a “Book Direct” property.
- Look for LOCAL area rental sites. Search for “whatever my destination is”, “vacation rentals” or “Book direct”. Scroll down past the OTA paid ads.
- Search on fee-free sites such as VacationSoup.com or Houfy.com
- Find a place you like on an OTA, then search the name of the property or owner in search engines and social media. Do an image search. Savvy owners can leave you clues, but direct info is banned from the listing sites. (I had a guest recently follow my breadcrumbs to my website and saved $500 on her family’s stay!)
- Search Local area Tourist information sites
- Search for Facebook groups dedicated to vacation rentals by owners, fee-free or VRBO/Airbnb alternatives. There are quite a few.
- I have a small list of other trusted great owners from around the world. Might spark your next great adventure! https://mystarvr.com/stays-around-the-world/and the #BookDirect Map